Thursday, September 21, 2006

From the new grad...

What fun!

I admire Cathy's discipline, in being able to stay with the one stream of concurrent sessions - it would certainly be less exhausting! However, I comfort myself with the knowledge that I am perhaps going someway towards walking off the lovely cakes from the coffee shop at the Convention Centre.

Dear reader, I am incapable of sitting in one concurrent session - each time there are 4 or 5 sessions I would like to attend, do you think the Committee would consider re-staging the conference next week so we could sit in on the papers we had to choose to miss this week? I am like a child in a lolly shop, a fly in a bottle, a mother let loose from the kids for a week (did I really say that?). I too am prowling the exhibition gathering goodies for the young ones back home - although I still haven't managed to find anyone with a writing pad to use during conference sessions (you will recall I didn't get the glamorous Click06 bag that possibly had writing paper in it...?). Today I am heading straight for the Dreaming08 stand, as they have promised me stickers for my leftover-plain-black-look-everyone-she-must-have-registered-late bag!

To all you WA people, thank you for making me feel so welcome - Perth is a lovely spot, everyone is so friendly, everything is so close (although everything does shut at 6pm, what's that about?) and I just loooooooooooooove the free buses.


Clare

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home